Thursday, October 22, 2009

Update on RPL

I have gathered all my relevant experience and skills and assigned to corresponding learning outcomes of the module. I have contacted the manager of an O2 store to notify them that CIT might be contacting them in regards to my experience I have gained during my time working for them. I have also found and dusted all my old letters of reference going back as far as 2002. Unfortunately I can not find a way of contacting one place I worked in but I will figure out something.
As per agreement with Mr Tim Horgan I have sent him an email with all the information and he promised to pass it on to HoD Mr Jim O'Dwyre some time next week.
I am almost finished with filling out the RPL template I have received form Phil O'Leary and I arranged to meet with her tomorrow (yes I know it is a day off but she is actually working).
Going ahead with the project was actually fun, it helped me realise where I am standing and what my expectations for the future are. I really hope I can get credit for my work. I am 25, I attended college before, I lived on my own for past 6 years 3 of which in a foreign country and now am attending a college course in a language that is not native to me. I believe I would not have been here now if I did not have enough creativity and problem solving skills or if I lacked communication skills, ability to work in a team or did not have plans for future figured out to at least a certain extent for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment