Friday, November 13, 2009

End of week 9

Nothing better on a dreadful rainy Friday evening like today than to finally sit in by the fire with a yankee candle scent in the background, a glass of mojito in one hand and the sound of himself doing the dishes after the dinner. Nothing left to do but enjoy and try to forget the events of last week.
Fortunately the week was not eventful enough to cause any difficulties forgetting. We managed to submit the assignment pretty much on time, not without difficulties. I talked about this before and I am not in a habit of repeating myself so let us leave it at that today. Apart from the assignment deadline not much happened in college.
We had a class party on Thursday. The attendance was probably higher than it has ever been at the morning class of the CIT module. I suppose it was mostly due to a 1 litre beer mug of Bavaria costing €6. It was an interesting night from my point of view. I was in college when I was as young as most of my class mates are at the moment. I did my share of pouring drink down my throat and what followed was a fair share of drunken conversations, but who did not? Those days are gone for me now and, oh how different do drunk 19 year olds seem when you are on the other side of the fence. You notice the disgusted glances from the nearby tables that you would normally have not been even aware of. And for the first time the strange feeling of embarrassment appears.
I wanted to attend the classes the next day, so my boyfriend and I had only 2 bottles and I think fortunately for us we were not there to see how loud the party got and actually enjoyed the night out. The morning after was OK as well. Which I probably can not say about the rest of the party. Only one other person of those who attended showed up for the classes the next day, which lead to a whole 5 people in total for the day.
I am heading off to make another mojito now so, till next week

No comments:

Post a Comment