Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Forgetful...ageing?

Another late post. God I am terrible. Is it the college responsibilities? (the end of semester approaching and suddenly everyone remembers it is time to give us assignments and deadlines as if criteria could not have been given a week or 2 beforehand, plus catching up on assessments) Or is it the home responsibilities? (cook the dinner for meself and the boyfriend, tidy up the house, feed the cat, sort out the back garden for the winter, build a shed, put up the shelves, paint the utility room, do not let the college get in the way of the relationship or the relationship in the way of college, keep in touch with the family far far away, deal with scummers climbing into our back garden or breaking windows) I can go on for ages like that but I think I put my point across. By the way enough with the excuses as it only takes a few moments to put up a post so I think I must put a recurrent reminder on my phone to make sure I am updating the post once a week and not making up for the omitted posts every 2 weeks.

I am a bit annoyed with the team's attitude but I will not be pointing fingers as some work had actually been done, mostly by me with main participation from the rest of the team members in form of approval or disapproval of my ideas (have to admit that it was somewhat helpful but that is not any form of teamwork whatsoever but liberal leadership of some sort, or a democratic/despotic regime, which I did not think existed simply by the 2 terms being mutually exclusive, and yet my team managed to prove me wrong). Any form of encouragement meets resistance of the highest level. I fully understand teacher's frustration with the young, or should I rather say, immature crowd. There is a slight difference here though, the teachers are getting paid and that can buy some patience.
Aaanyway, the standards have slipped over the last 2 weeks so I do not think it is time to say anything to anyone yet. I admit I went behind their backs here, and it might be considered unfair on my side, but I need to let some steam somewhere before I get to the point that writing is not enough and I decide to say something. Then it will be the time to ask the teacher if there is any way I could be given an assignment of my own
That should be enough. More revelations on Friday (reminder already set)

P.S. Did not think my posts are going to reach that length. Hardly any achievement but still, wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment